Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Cassandra LaValle, interior designer and editor of the acclaimed lifestyle and design site, Coco+Kelley, offers these tried and true tips for upping your home value without overdoing it.
* Refresh with paint: You may not be able to replace large appliances or countertops, but in the kitchen adding a fresh coat of neutral paint to outdated cabinets and swapping out hardware can go a long way in making the space feel refreshed.
* Little luxuries in the bathroom: Replace your current shower head with a rain shower, like the Waterpik RainFall+. Completely budget-friendly and easy to install - it takes less than five minutes - this showerhead can make a huge difference in an everyday routine - giving a spa-like experience with multiple high-performance spray settings.
The same goes for lighting - brightening up this space in particular can be a big selling point.
* Don't forget about the outside: Every home needs curb appeal. If you can't afford major landscaping, focus on the entrance to the home. Again, updating with paint and hardware on the front door will be a welcoming touch, while a couple of really great potted plants at the entryway add to that focal point.
* It's in the details: Consider adding small details to rooms that will elevate the style. Framing out windows, or adding baseboards, molding or wainscoting to a space will leave it feeling a bit more polished.
No matter how big or small your projects, remember it doesn't take a lot of money to make a big impact to any space.
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
(NC)-Do summer cookouts leave a bad taste in your mouth? Unbeknownst to many grilling enthusiasts, the food racks need to be sanitized after every use and the entire grill needs to be cleaned at least once a year. Charcoal, oils, and hardened burnt scraps on the grates and basin, can cause fresh food to stick to the rack and adhere to your newest grilled cuisine. This, of course, can leave a distasteful flavour on your otherwise mouth-watering meal. Take a look at a few simple steps from the Reliable Corporation, to make sure your gas grill is sparkling clean and barbecue ready, without the use of chemicals:
• Remove grate(s) from the grill for easy clean-up.
• Attach the brass round brush on the EnviroMate Brio (EB250), Reliable's multi-purpose steam cleaning system.
• Allow the steam cleaner to heat up for approximately 5 minutes, before blasting away build-up with 245°F pressurized steam.
• Scrub grate with the brass round brush to ensure all grease and soot have been removed.
• Wipe excess moisture on the grate using the fabric cloth included with the steam cleaner.
• Place grate(s) back onto grill.
• Use the steam cleaner's extension nozzle to rid the stainless steel exterior of any grime. This is also used for eliminating any build-up on the base. Wipe down with a cloth to leave it shining inside and out.
More information is available online at www.reliablecorporation.com.
Popular Types of Garden Furniture
Due to the availability of a variety of materials, garden furniture is made in lot of different styles to give your garden a new look and feel. Following are the most popular styles.
* Wooden garden furniture: It's been popular from the start and meets the needs of all kinds of home settings. Popular varieties among wood are teak, acacia, softwood, and hardwood. Teak is very durable due to the presence of protective oils, is very dense and very strong. Acacia is available in appealing textures and can withstand water, as well as being flexible and strong. Hardwood is very strong and durable for all weather conditions. Softwood is light in weight, but is strong and is very useful for movable furniture.
* Rattan garden furniture: It is very durable, attractive and made from woven synthetic plastic. It is also light, comfortable, and requires low maintenance. It comes in various styles, colors, and designs, and are made more comfortable by adding cushions. Rattan furniture is also a very popular choice because of its resistance to water and heat.
* Plastic garden furniture: This is another wonderful option for a simple and cost-effective setting. It is not too stylish but is quite durable in varying weather conditions. It is also light in weight, available in many colors, and great for movable furniture.
* Cast-iron garden furniture: It is a slightly more expensive option but is very durable and strong compared to other materials. It also requires much less maintenance and is weather-resistant. It is available in various designs and is quite stylish.
Before shopping for the right garden furniture, it is essential to analyze the needs of your outdoor spot and the decide on the right type of material for your furniture. There are a number of styles and looks available for an outdoor setting, and these living room styles provide comfort and durability suitable for all weather conditions. Some other factors to keep in mind are the type of sets available and their cost compared to your budget.
by: Broad Gallacher
Tuesday, August 5, 2014
(NC)-If you are self-employed or a small business owner, chances are you focus much of your time on running your business, making it easy to overlook personal finances. Monitoring your personal goals is just as important as your business goals.
"Business owners are more likely to invest solely in their business, and sometimes this is necessary in order to keep the business going," says Jason Round, head of Financial Planning Support at RBC Financial Planning. "While it is important to have a strong focus on your financial goals for your business, it is just as important to put the same care and attention into your personal finances."
Round offers personal investing strategies for business owners:
• Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) - an RRSP can play a key role in diversifying your net worth and provide you with exposure to different business sectors to minimize your investment risk.
• Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) - is an important investment vehicle to save money for personal and business needs and minimize taxes whether for short or long-term goals.
• Succession planning - a good succession plan will help you to think about the market value of your business, making it easier to exit the business when you are ready.
For more information, please visit http://www.rbcroyalbank.com/commercial/index.html